Friday, July 3, 2009

I Want a Dog !

Everyone in my family has at least one dog. Bobby and I had not had a dog for about 3 years and I wanted my own dog - a "cute" little house dog. So I told my son James, and he said, "How about a Maltese? They don't come in ugly." So I looked them up and fell in love. Then, my little sister Cris and I came up with the name TiffanyLu (she loves Tiffany & Co.) I was so excited. My brother Artie helped me find some puppies online and I was ready. So I told Bobby about the Maltese and her name and where I could get one and he says, "No."
"WHAT???????????????? BUT I WANT ONE!"
"No. It'll be like having a baby. We'll be tied down to the house. What about going out of town? Our kids are gone. Why do we need a puppy? Blah blah blah blah blah........"
I was so disappointed. I began thinking about how I could manipulate him. TiffanyLu was waiting for me to be her new mommy! Well, GOD, quickly put an end to my evil scheme and convicted me, so I just dropped it. There were plenty of oppportunities to say something or to bite my tongue. I did what I was supposed to do. After all, I am an adult.
Fast forward 3 months to my birthday. My birthday card says, "The answer is YES. Ask me the question." So I asked, "CAN WE TAKE A CRUISE? (I'm thinking big)."
Bobby says, "That's not the question. Look on the inside of the envelope"
And it says, "Can I have a "cute" little dog?"
YIPEEE!
So, yes, it is like having a baby. I used to get up around 1 or 2 a.m. to potty her. Get up at 6 a.m. to potty and feed her. Play with her to wear her out so she'll nap. Hurry home from church, the gym, the grocery store, dinner, or whatever I'm doing to feed and potty her. PLUS, because she's a Maltese, she's high maintenance. I had to buy stuff from the doggy boutique that I never thought I'd spend money on!
Anyway, she's "so cute." We all love her because she's a good dog. She gets lots of attention in public and at home and she's worth the trouble. Someday, she'll even be potty trained, er, housebroken.
And I'm so glad I kept my mouth shut and let GOD work it all out. He's just good that way.

Psalm 37:4 Trust in the LORD and do good;................Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.

2 comments:

  1. This is a little off topic for your post on your sweet doggie, but would you be willing to do a post on your Hotline to Heaven?? Talk about prayer....whether you speak from your heart or whether you plan out the words before. I'm really trying to learn to pray the words that God will understand and that there will be a purpose.
    Sometimes when I pray, I'm all over the place. I feel like I'm rambling and I wondering if God can make any sense of what I'm telling him. Fortunately, I have major prayer warriors on Caroline's behalf that have helped to get her headed in the right direction.
    You are a true example of my role model in praying. That's one thing that I've always struggled with, and I'd love to hear how you learned to pray. What works for you and what doesn't. If I'm prying in too deep, you can just send me an email or we can just talk about it. I have a feeling that it will most likely benefit others, including me.
    Thanks for always being there for my family. We love you so much!!

    ReplyDelete